Okay, so 2020 punched everyone in the face, then kicked our ideas out the window.
But, now we’re here in 2021, and we had a chance to start again. Another year, another set of goals to achieve. Onwards and upwards (and all that inspiration junk).
I don’t quite know how I expected things to go this year, so we’re doing a mid-year evaluation.
I had plans. Good plans.
I was going to submit manuscripts, be sharing and promoting my book, and working in my day job of school photography.
So, let’s run through all the goals that I set for myself for right now – halfway through 2021.
- I was hoping to have submitted writing to some pretty important places;
- I wanted to be working on several different manuscripts (in two different genres);
- I was still planning to work at my day job;
- Maybe I’d be creating youtube videos and blog posts to share;
- Hopefully my podcast would be finished… With raving success; and
- I was going to be researching, and going on new and interesting trips.
>>>Grab the eBook version of my book – “KIDNAPPED Entanglement” HERE
Okay, with all those noble goals, what does 2021 really look like?
- I missed the deadlines (and realised the manuscript I’m working on needed a lot more changes/work than I originally thought);
- I decided to cut down to just one manuscript at once (a good decision really);
- My day job keeps getting put on hold with lockdowns (and I just roll with the punches… so to speak);
- I’m still doing youtube and blog posts… So yay;
- I haven’t finished the podcast yet, but I’m almost there. The success part is not exactly a win thought; and
- I can’t do trips right now due to money and restrictions, but I’m doing some fun research anyway.
Well…. it wasn’t where I saw myself, but I’ll say this for my mid-year 2021 goals check in:
- I have a new, beautiful house that I don’t deserve;
- I’m enjoying the videos and blog posts (even if not many people see them);
- I love having only one major project to focus on (multiple manuscripts make for more confusion!);
- I’m reading more than I have in years… and loving every minute of it; and
- I’m aware that I am very blessed.
So, I’ve taken stock of my life and looked at where I thought I’d be verses where I actually am. Things may not look exactly like I thought they would, but I can’t complain about it either.
What does your mid 2021 look like? Are you where you thought you’d end up? Share in the comments
See You in The Adventures!
You can check out my blog feed for all the CGSP posts, stories and more >>>here
To KEEP UP with all the stuff I have going on, you can catch my weekly updates, FREE Hannah Carmichael eBook, & monthly NEWSLETTER by heading >>>here